Trello is a popular project management tool that has helped millions of people stay organized and productive. Trello Gold is the premium version of this app that offers additional features like custom backgrounds, stickers, and advanced search options. However, there may come a time when you no longer need these extra features and wish to cancel your Trello Gold subscription.
Canceling a subscription can be a confusing and frustrating process, especially if you’re not familiar with the app’s settings. In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to cancel Trello Gold and avoid any unexpected charges. Whether you’re a freelancer, entrepreneur, or a busy professional, this guide is for you. So, let’s get started and learn how to cancel Trello Gold like a pro!
Can I Cancel Trello Gold
Yes, you can cancel Trello Gold if you no longer wish to subscribe to the service. Here are the steps to cancel Trello Gold:
To cancel Trello Gold subscription, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to Trello.
- Navigate to the Billing Page and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the option ‘Cancel Trello Gold’ to complete the process.
It is important to ensure that you follow these steps properly to successfully cancel your Trello Gold subscription.
Once you follow these steps, your Trello Gold subscription will be canceled, and you will no longer have access to the premium features.
It’s important to note that if you cancel your subscription mid-billing cycle, you won’t be refunded for the remaining days or months. However, you will still be able to use the premium features until your billing cycle ends.
Why Anyone Want To Cancel Trello Gold Subscription
There may be several reasons why someone might want to cancel their Trello Gold subscription. Some possible reasons include:
- Cost: one of the most common reasons why people cancel Trello Gold is simply because they can no longer afford to pay for it. This is especially true for individuals or small businesses with limited budgets, who may find that the added features of Trello Gold are not worth the extra expense.
- Lack of use: Another reason why some people might cancel their Trello Gold subscription is because they aren’t using the additional features or benefits enough to justify the cost. If someone only uses Trello occasionally or for basic tasks, they may find that the free version of the software is sufficient for their needs.
- Alternative Software: Trello is not the only project management software available in the market. Sometimes, people may have found an alternative software that they feel is better suited to their needs for a lower price, and they choose to cancel their Trello Gold subscription so they can switch to the other software.
- Lack of Features: Another reason could be lack of features in Trello Gold that the user was expecting from a premium version.
- Billing error: In rare cases, billing errors may occur, and customers may find that they are being charged for Trello Gold when they did not intend to purchase it. In such cases, cancelling the subscription and resolving the billing issue with Trello’s support team might be necessary.
Whatever the reason for cancelling, it’s important to note that Trello makes it easy to cancel a subscription if someone decides they no longer need it. To cancel, users can simply log into their Trello account, navigate to their subscription settings, and click “cancel subscription”. Once the cancellation process is complete, users will no longer be charged for Trello Gold, but they can still continue to use the free version of the software if they choose to do so.
About The Subscription Fee Of Trello Gold
Trello is a powerful and dynamic project management tool that helps individuals and teams stay on top of their tasks and projects. While the basic version of Trello is free, the platform offers a premium version known as Trello Gold, which provides additional features and capabilities for an enhanced user experience.
If you’re wondering about the subscription fee of Trello Gold, here are a few things you should know:
- The cost of Trello Gold is $5 per month or $45 per year.
- You can upgrade to Trello Gold at any time by clicking the “Upgrade to Gold” button located in the Trello menu.
- One of the key benefits of Trello Gold is the ability to upload larger file attachments, up to 250 MB per attachment.
- Trello Gold users can also access a variety of customization options, such as personalized backgrounds, custom stickers, and emoji reactions.
- Another advantage of Trello Gold is the ability to enable advanced checklists, which allow for more complex and detailed task lists within your Trello boards.
- Trello Gold also offers priority support to users, meaning that any questions or issues you have will be addressed with top priority by Trello’s support team.
- It’s worth noting that Trello Gold is a subscription-based service, meaning that you’ll need to pay either the monthly or annual fee to continue using the premium features. You can cancel your Trello Gold subscription at any time, but you’ll lose access to the Gold features once your subscription ends.
Overall, the subscription fee for Trello Gold is a small price to pay for the added conveniences and perks that come with the premium version of Trello. If you’re a power user or your team depends on Trello for project management, upgrading to Trello Gold may be a worthwhile investment.
Does Trello Gold Have A Cancellation Fee?
Yes, Trello Gold has a cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee for monthly plans is not applicable for Trello Gold accounts as they have a monthly billing cycle with no contract commitments.
- However, if you have subscribed to an annual Trello Gold plan and want to cancel it before the term is up, you will be charged a prorated cancellation fee.
- This means that you will be charged for the remaining months of your subscription term at the monthly rate instead of the discounted annual rate that you were paying.
It is important to note that the cancellation fee for Trello Gold annual plans is not a penalty—it only covers the cost of the discounted rate that you received for committing to an annual subscription.
If you are unsure about whether Trello Gold is the right fit for you and do not want to be charged a cancellation fee, it may be best to start with the monthly plan to try it out before committing to an annual subscription.
Consider Alternatives Of Trello Gold
If you’re a fan of Trello and are considering upgrading to Trello Gold, you might want to take a moment to consider some other alternatives that offer similar features at a lower cost or for free. Here are a few options to consider:
- Asana: Asana offers a comprehensive project management system that can be used by individuals and teams. It offers many of the same features as Trello, including task assignment, due dates, and collaboration tools. Asana also has a free plan, as well as a paid plan with more advanced features.
- Notion: Notion is a powerful all-in-one workspace that can be used as a project management tool. It features a customizable interface that can be tailored to your specific needs, and it allows for collaboration between team members. Notion also offers a free plan, as well as a paid plan with more advanced features.
- Monday.com: Monday.com is another project management tool that offers many of the same features as Trello, such as task tracking and collaboration tools. However, Monday.com also offers advanced reporting features that can help you analyze your team’s productivity. Monday.com offers a free trial, as well as paid plans.
- Basecamp: Basecamp is a popular project management tool that has been around for years. It offers many of the same features as Trello, including task tracking and collaboration tools, but it also includes features like a message board and automatic check-ins to help keep everyone on the same page. Basecamp offers a free trial, as well as paid plans.
- Airtable: Airtable is a versatile tool that can be used as a project management tool, among other things. It allows you to create custom databases that can be used to track tasks, projects, and more. Airtable also offers collaboration tools and integrations with other apps. Airtable offers a free plan, as well as paid plans.
Ultimately, the best project management tool for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It’s worth exploring these alternatives to Trello Gold to see which one might be the best fit for you and your team.