If you are a Plusnet broadband customer and you wish to end your service, it is essential to understand the available options and the proper steps to take.
This article will guide you through the process of cancelling your Plusnet broadband service, whether you want to cease your service entirely or switch to another provider.
How To Cancel Plusnet Broadband
To cancel your Plusnet broadband service, you can choose to do so either by phone or by mail.
- Over the phone: To cancel your service over the phone, call Plusnet at 0800 432 0200. If you are a Plusnet Mobile customer, dial 500 from your Plusnet mobile or call 0800 079 1133. This method allows for a quicker cancellation process and direct communication with Plusnet representatives.
- By mail: If you prefer to cancel your service through mail, you can write a letter stating your intention to cancel. Be sure to include the following information in your letter:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Address where the service is located
- Account number
To simplify the process, Plusnet provides a cancellation form with fields for all the required information. You can fill out this form and send it with your letter. Mail your cancellation letter to:
Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield S1 2GU
Understanding Your Options
When deciding to end your agreement with Plusnet, you have two options:
- Cease your service: Completely stop receiving the service from Plusnet or any other provider.
- Move to another provider: Stop receiving the service from Plusnet and switch to a different provider.
It is crucial to comprehend the difference between these options to avoid confusion and unnecessary expenses.
Cease of Service
If you choose to cease your service, Plusnet will promptly process your request to ensure a smooth cancellation. During the cancellation process, Plusnet will investigate the reasons for your decision and offer additional support to resolve any issues. After cancelling your service, you will be asked to complete a voluntary feedback survey to help Plusnet improve their services.
Keep in mind that when an account is closed, you will lose access to all Plusnet account features, including email, hosted webspace, and access to discussion forums and the Help Assistant Ticketing system. If you have a service with an annual contract (or a longer minimum term) and wish to downgrade or move to a service with a shorter minimum term, you may have to pay early termination charges.
Unfortunately, Plusnet cannot put services or accounts on hold for reactivation later without charging a new connection fee. If you close your account and require services in the future, Plusnet will create a new account but may recover or request payment of unpaid charges from the previous account before doing so.
Requesting Cease of Service
Cancellation requests for cease of service can be made by the account holder or a representative, such as a Power of Attorney holder. To fully cease your broadband line, contact the Customer Options team and clearly request a cease of service. You can request a cancellation in two ways:
- By phone: Call the Customer Options Team for the quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service.
- By mail: Send a letter to Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. For your peace of mind, send the letter via recorded delivery to ensure it reaches Plusnet. Include the account holder’s name, username, service address, and telephone number in the letter.
Moving to a New Provider
When switching to another provider, they will handle the switch. Plusnet is responsible for providing accurate information, such as applicable early termination charges. If inaccurate information is provided, you may be entitled to compensation.
To ensure no loss of service, your account will only be closed once Plusnet receives confirmation from their network supplier that the service has been moved to the new provider. Upon confirmation, Plusnet will automatically close your account. If you do not receive account closure confirmation after the transfer is completed, contact the Customer Options team to inform them of the completed transfer.
About The Subscription Fee Of Plusnet
Plusnet is a widely popular and reliable internet service provider in the United Kingdom. The company offers different types of internet packages to meet the needs of various customers across the country. One of the most popular internet packages offered by Plusnet is the subscription-based service, which requires customers to pay a monthly fee to use the internet.
- The subscription fee of Plusnet depends on various factors, such as the type of package, the speed of the connection, the duration of the subscription, etc.
- Customers can choose from different types of internet packages, such as ADSL, Fibre, and Business Broadband.
- ADSL packages are the most affordable and start from £22.99 per month. These packages offer download speeds of up to 17Mbps and come with a 12-month contract. Customers can also choose to pay a setup fee of £70 and get a reduced monthly fee of £18.99.
- Fibre packages start from £24.99 per month and offer download speeds of up to 36Mbps. These packages require customers to sign up for a 12-month contract and come with a setup fee of £70. Customers can also choose packages with higher speeds (up to 66Mbps) for a higher subscription fee.
- Business Broadband packages are designed for small and medium-sized businesses that require a reliable and fast internet connection. These packages come in different speeds and prices and offer various features such as priority support, static IP addresses, and unlimited data usage. The subscription fee of Business Broadband packages depends on the type of package, the location of the customer, and the duration of the subscription.
Overall, the subscription fee of Plusnet is reasonable and affordable, given the quality and reliability of the service. Customers can easily compare and choose the package that best suits their needs and budget. Plusnet also offers various promotional deals and discounts from time to time, which further reduces the subscription fee and makes it more accessible to everyone.
Does Plusnet Have A Cancellation Fee?
Yes, Plusnet does have a cancellation fee. If you are within your contract period and decide to cancel your contract early, you will be charged an early termination fee. The amount of the fee depends on the amount of time left remaining on your contract.
Plusnet states on their website that their early termination fee is calculated as follows:
- The total monthly cost of your contract
- Multiplied by the number of months remaining on your contract
- Minus any monthly discounts you were entitled to but didn’t receive
Plusnet also notes that the early termination fee is separate from any outstanding balance on your account. Any outstanding balance will need to be paid in full before you can cancel your contract.
If you are outside of your contract period, you won’t be charged an early termination fee. However, you will need to give 14 days’ notice before cancelling, and you may be charged a pro-rata fee for any services used during that time.
If you are thinking about cancelling your Plusnet contract and are unsure of the fees or process involved, it’s best to contact their customer service team directly. They can give you more information specific to your account and help guide you through the process.
Consider Alternatives Of Plusnet
If you’re looking for a new internet service provider, you might want to consider alternatives to Plusnet. Although Plusnet has several perks, such as affordable pricing and excellent customer service, there are other options available that may better suit your needs.
- Virgin Media: Virgin Media is one of the fastest internet service providers in the UK, with speeds up to 1 Gbps. They offer a variety of packages, including TV and phone bundles.
- Sky Broadband: Sky Broadband is known for their reliable internet service and offer unlimited data usage. They also offer TV and phone bundles.
- BT: BT is a popular choice for those who live in rural areas, as they have a wide coverage area. They offer a variety of packages, including TV and phone bundles.
- TalkTalk: TalkTalk offers affordable packages with fast internet speeds. They also offer TV and phone bundles.
- Hyperoptic: Hyperoptic is a newer ISP that offers some of the fastest internet speeds in the UK, up to 10 Gbps. They focus on providing service to apartment buildings and high-rise buildings.
Before choosing an internet service provider, be sure to research their packages and customer service to find the best fit for your needs. Considering the alternatives to Plusnet may lead you to the perfect ISP for you.