Whether you’re moving home, switching to a different provider, or no longer need energy services, cancelling your service with Octopus Energy is a straightforward process. Despite being one of the leading energy providers in the UK, we understand that there are various reasons why you might need to terminate your contract with them.
From choosing your preferred contact method, compiling all the necessary information, through to sending your cancellation request and what to expect afterwards – we’ve got you covered.
How To Cancel Octopus Energy Service
You can either contact Octopus Energy via email or telephone. The email address to use is [email protected] and the contact number is 0808 164 1088.
If you’re contacting them by email, write a clear and concise email stating your intent to cancel your subscription. Ensure you include important details such as your name, address, account number, and the date you would like the service to end. The Octopus Energy team should get back to you within a week. They will guide you through the rest of the process and let you know if there are any early cancellation fees or issues.
If you’re contacting them by phone, be prepared to provide similar information about your account and your reasons for cancellation.
If you do not hear from them within the stipulated time frame, you should follow up with another email or phone call.
Remember, if you are switching to another energy provider, your new supplier will handle the switch for you. This includes notifying Octopus Energy of your intent to switch. It is a good practice to notify Octopus Energy as well, but it’s not required.
Also, if you are within the 14 day “cooling-off” period since you’ve submitted your application to switch to Octopus Energy, you can cancel without penalty.
Octopus Energy is a UK-based renewable energy company founded in 2015. With its main office located in London, it’s a subsidiary of the Octopus Group, an investment firm with a diverse portfolio. The company’s key mission is to drive the transition towards sustainable energy usage across the globe, making use of technological innovation and customer-focused policies.
Although relatively young in the industry, Octopus Energy has grown rapidly and achieved significant milestones. It is now the fifth-largest energy supplier in the United Kingdom, serving more than three million businesses and residential customers. This places it behind only British Gas, OVO Energy, E.On, and EDF Energy in terms of customer base. Such a ranking is a testament to the company’s commitment to service and sustainability, a feat made more impressive considering its relatively recent establishment.
Octopus Energy’s approach to energy provision is centred around renewable sources, aligning with global trends and efforts to combat climate change. They offer tariffs backed by 100% green electricity and carbon offset gas, demonstrating their commitment to promoting a greener environment.
Internationally, Octopus Energy has extended its services beyond the UK, reaching customers in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, and the United States. This expansion reflects the company’s ambition to drive sustainability on a global scale.
In addition to its core energy supply business, Octopus Energy also operates in the electric vehicle (EV) charging market, contributing to the infrastructure necessary for a more extensive adoption of EVs.
Furthermore, Octopus Energy has leveraged its tech expertise by developing Kraken, a proprietary energy management platform. Kraken is licensed out to other energy companies, providing them with the software necessary to manage their customers and energy grids more effectively. This reflects Octopus Energy’s integrated approach in the energy sector, not just as a provider, but also as an enabler for other companies in the industry.
Octopus Energy is a British energy supplier offering greener and cheaper tariffs for its customers. They have become a popular choice in the UK due to their focus on renewable energy, exceptional customer service, and transparent pricing. Majority of their customers have had a great experience with Octopus Energy and have not faced any issues. However, some customers might want to switch to another supplier for a variety of reasons.
- One of the main concerns when switching suppliers is usually cancellation fees. Many energy suppliers often have a penalty for ending a contract earlier than its agreed term.
- In the case of Octopus Energy, the good news is that they do not have any cancellation fees if you want to end your energy contract. This means that you can switch to another supplier at any point without having to pay any additional costs.
- Octopus Energy values its customers and wants to provide them with a hassle-free energy solution. They believe in keeping their prices fair and transparent, which is why they don’t have cancellation fees or hidden charges.
- Octopus Energy does, however, have a termination fee if you are on a Fixed tariff, which you will need to pay if you switch before the plan ends. The amount of the fee varies, but you can find it in your terms and conditions or by contacting Octopus Energy’s customer service team.
It is worth noting that even if you are not on a Fixed tariff and you want to switch, you should inform Octopus Energy before making the change. This is because they will need to close the account and send you a final bill, which might include any outstanding charges. If you do not inform them, it could lead to confusion and created additional complications.
In conclusion, if you are an Octopus Energy customer and thinking of switching to another supplier, you can rest assured that there are no cancellation fees to worry about. However, if you are on a Fixed tariff, do check the terms and conditions to see if there is a termination fee.
Consider Alternatives Of Octopus Energy
If you’re considering switching energy providers, it’s important to weigh your options carefully. While Octopus Energy might be a great choice for some people, it’s always a good idea to consider alternatives. Here are a few options you might want to explore:
- Bulb Energy: Like Octopus Energy, Bulb offers 100% renewable energy and flexible tariffs. They also have a referral program that can help you earn credit on your bill.
- Green Energy UK: This provider offers a variety of green energy options, including community-generated power and offsetting schemes to reduce your carbon footprint.
- So Energy: So Energy offers affordable tariffs and a focus on customer service, including the ability to track your energy usage in near-real-time.
- OVO Energy: OVO Energy offers a variety of plans, including 100% renewable electricity and a Carbon Tracker feature to help customers track and reduce their carbon usage.
- Ecotricity: This provider supplies 100% green electricity and gas, with investment in their gas mills for long-term supply. They also claim the title of the greenest energy provider in the UK.
- Good Energy: This provider is committed to promoting the use of clean energy, with a focus on solar power and making renewable energy affordable for more households.