If you’ve subscribed to a General Assembly course and you’re now looking to cancel, it’s important to understand the procedure to do so. General Assembly provides a comprehensive and engaging approach to learning with a focus on today’s most in-demand skills, but we understand that circumstances can change, leading to a need for cancellation.
In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of how to cancel your General Assembly subscription. Please note that this process is specifically for individual customers, as the cancellation policy may differ for entity customers. It’s also essential to understand the terms of the refund policy, as there may be time constraints that apply. Let’s explore the process to ensure you can successfully and smoothly manage your subscription cancellation.
How To Cancel General Assembly Subscription
To cancel a General Assembly On Demand learning path, you need to follow a few simple steps. Please bear in mind that this cancellation policy is specifically for individual customers. It does not apply to entity customers who purchase GA On Demand learning paths.
Here are the steps you should follow to cancel your General Assembly course:
- Contact General Assembly: Reach out to General Assembly by sending an email to [email protected].
- Inform About Cancellation: In your email, clearly state your decision to cancel the course. Include all necessary details, such as your full name, the course name, and your reason for cancelling (even though a reason is not mandatory).
- Cancellation Timeframe: Remember that to be eligible for a full refund, you must submit your cancellation request within 14 days of your purchase.
After submitting your request, the General Assembly team will process your cancellation. If you have followed these steps and are within the 14-day window, you should receive a full refund of fees paid within 7 business days.
Remember that General Assembly may modify its refund policy at any time without notice. So, checkout here for getting update any changes on the refund policy. However, the refund policy in effect at the time of your transaction will apply to your purchase, regardless of any subsequent change in the policy.
After the 14-day window from the date of purchase, no refunds are issued according to the current policy.
General Assembly (GA) is a pioneer in the field of education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. Since its inception in 2011, GA has been offering innovative training for individuals and businesses in tech-related fields, including web development, data science, digital marketing, and product management.
With a focus on the most relevant and in-demand skills across data, design, business, and technology, GA is confronting a skills gap and providing access to opportunities in tech. Their courses are designed and taught by experts in the industry, ensuring that students are learning the most current and applicable skills.
Consider Alternatives Of General Assembly
- Coursera: A comprehensive online learning platform, Coursera offers courses in a wide array of disciplines including technology, business, and data science. They collaborate with leading universities and organizations worldwide to provide courses that range from beginner level to advanced, many of which can be audited for free or for a relatively low fee for certification.
- Udacity: Known for its “Nanodegree” programs, Udacity offers intensive, job-focused online courses in fields like data science, artificial intelligence, and programming. Designed in collaboration with industry leaders, Udacity’s courses provide practical, project-based learning opportunities and even career services such as resume reviews and interview prep.
- edX: Founded by Harvard University and MIT, edX is a global online learning platform offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions. It provides a wide range of courses, including computer science, business management, and data analysis. Like Coursera, edX courses can be audited for free or taken for a certificate.
- Codecademy: Specializing in programming and web development, Codecademy offers interactive learning in a variety of programming languages, web and mobile development, and data analysis. The platform provides a hands-on approach where learners can write code directly in the browser, making it a suitable choice for beginners.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): As a part of the professional networking site LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning offers a vast library of video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. It also has the advantage of being integrated with the larger LinkedIn network, potentially facilitating job opportunities post-learning.