OCULU VS. OCULUS: COMPLAINT
Posted by greenbaumpatent on February 19, 2014
As promised, I am keeping track of the Oculu v. Oculus trademark case. Attached is the complaint as filed in Federal Court in the Central District of California. There are currently 7 causes of action:
- Trademark Infringement under 15 U.S.C. section 1114
- False Designation of Origin under 15 U.S.C. section 1125a
- Trademark Dilution under 15 U.S.C. section 1125c
- Cancellation of Oculus’ Application for Trademarks under 15 U.S.C. section 1119
- Unfair Business Practices under California law (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 17200)
- California Trademark Dilution under California law (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code section 14247)
- Injury to Business Reputation under California Common law
I am submitting this without comment other than I urge interested parties to read the complaint. As far as complaints go, it’s rather entertaining.
* I’d just like to add this update from video streaming site Oculu’s FaceBook page yesterday:
Last time I checked Oculus Share was not a commercial streaming site for video content.