Release date: June 2014
This is a gravity-based arcade game inspired by classics like Lunar Lander and Space Taxi. You’ll pilot your craft from pad to pad trying to beat your best time – then flirt with that fine line between speed and control. If you’re brave enough to try Hard Mode you’ll be flopping around like a QWOPy, low gravity turtle. With a little practice you’ll be zippin’ around doin’ barrel rolls.
You’ll see sites from the cutting edge of fractal mathematics, bizarre organic shapes, arcane archaeological digs, and all manner of WTFderful alien vistas. Each level is a hand-crafted landscape that encourages the player to explore – and goof around! You can also pilot your lander in virtual reality with your Oculus Rift.
This free demo is just a taste of what’s to come. I have plans for many more levels and new play modes – plus plenty of shine and polish. Here’s a rundown of the main features I have planned for the full version of Crashed Lander:
- Support for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- Full Oculus Rift support
- At least 24 levels to conquer and explore
- Time Trials – as featured in the demo
- Trail Tracker – fly through a custom course on each level
- Fuel Hoarder – finish a level with as little fuel as possible
- Online high score lists
- Hidden collectibles – explore the nooks and crannies to find ’em all
- A full hour of my own original music
- Gamepad support (xbox 360 controller)
- Customizable vehicle – new paint jobs and doodads for your lander
I’ll also be taking feedback from my supporters via polls and live Q&A sessions. You can help shape the final version of the game with your ideas, comments and suggestions. Check out my IndieGoGo page, show your support and get yourself into the game! htttp://CrashedLander.com